Monday, December 8, 2008

Cartoon Crush - Volume I

I have a crazy confession. And not the fact that sometimes in private, I stand in front of the mirror and pretend I’m kicking ass onstage at a karaoke bar. I think that’s widely accepted as fact.


When I was a kid, I had a crush on Jill, the blonde girl from My Pet Monster. I also had a crush on Lydia from the Beetlejuice cartoon, although I never understood why.



But that’s not my confession.

While we’re at it, I also had a crush on Alyson from Mr. Dress-Up. But I would forget about her the second I heard the owl go, “Ta-whit, ta-whoo,” and scare the crap out of me.



But that’s not it either.

Because I also had an odd crush on that chick Loonette from The Big Comfy Couch.



I would endure the dust bunnies, Major Bedhead and those freaky potato-head people that lived in the dollhouse just to hear her giggle and talk in her happy sing-song voice to her freaky puppet with no mouth.

And I recently discovered that Loonette is played by Alyson Court. And I was like, "Waitasecond. Is that… Alyson from Mr Dress Up?"

And then it hit me. And my confession is this:

My whole life, I’ve unknowingly had a crush on Alyson Court.



Hot damn, Alyson Court!

She played all of these characters. They all had the same voice. It’s such an odd feeling to find out that all of these characters, who are seemingly unconnected from a child’s point of view, were all the same person.

The same voice as Emily from Clifford.



Who wasn’t actually all that hot but she’d probably be the cool girl in the neighbourhood that you’d just drink grape juice and fool around with (screw you, I was only five).

Claire Redfield from the Resident Evil games is also voiced by Alyson.



Come to think of it, if I were going to date a CG character, it would be her. Some guys would say Lara Croft, but let’s be honest. Do you think she would date you? She’d be all, “I’m off the look for diah-monds,” then slit your throat for being a witness to her presence.

Anyways, I don’t think there’s a point to this, other than to say that Alyson Court is crazy hot. Oh, and she has a fine resumé chock full of great acting experiences.

But mostly that she’s crazy hot.

UPDATE: Bam! I met and worked with Alyson on the 2011 Easter Seals Telethon for CBC. =)



RANDOM BONUS: THIS PENGUIN IS SCREWED



While we're on the subject, this rabbit is DEFINITELY screwed.



1 comment: