Saturday, February 7, 2009

Indoor Bungee and Sundry Other Items.

I heard of this when I was at West Edmonton Mall.



Who the hell bungee jumps indoors? That doesn’t sound safe at all. That sounds downright dangerous.



Actually, worse for this guy:

A 75-year old Montana man is lucky to be alive after his homemade indoor bungee jump rig, which was tethered to support beams in the ceiling, brought his entire home crashing to the ground.



Okay. I can’t even link to a real article for that. There isn’t one. But it’s funny to think that there is. Or that, after someone reads this, there might be.

I had to run out to grab lunch the other day and told the receptionist I’d be back in a jiffy, but I was gone for fifteen minutes. Should I have said two jiffies? I honestly don’t know how long a jiffy is. Is that even a measurement of time? Does "half a jiffy" actually sound faster than "a couple of jiffies"?



SOMETHING I HATE TODAY: When you have a three-prong plug and a two prong outlet. And you only really figure it out after you’ve tried jamming it in there a couple times.



You know what else I hate today*?

When I accidentally set my alarm for PM instead of AM.



*I’ll probably hate that one tomorrow too. And all of next week and the foreseeable future.

In other news, this clock looks like the Wal Mart logo had Siamese twins.



Hey, aside from the states of delusion and economic depression, how many US states can you name in 10 minutes?



I named 48 states in 4:38. I thought it would only be fair to link to the tourism sites for the two states I missed.

Sorry, MISSOURI and SOUTH CAROLINA.



RANDOM BONUS: YOU SHOULD CWALL US!


AHAHA!!

2 comments:

  1. No no no...that commercial is not real. I think that's worse than the whole Southern bit. Ewwwww.

    As far as the etymology of "jiffy", although it's of uncertain origin, it is said to have been slang used among thieves for lightning fast. But in relation to computers, a jiffy is the duration of one tick of the system timer interrupt. So do you know approximately how many system timer interrupts there were on your computer while you were out? Because that's how many jiffys you were gone. Then again, the jiffy isn't an absolute time unit, since it's duration depends on the clock interrupt frequency of the particular hardware platform.

    So says Wiki.
    And it was spoken.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings

    It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete